Thursday, April 1, 2010

I can make beads!

See the beads on the blog header? I made those. They're borosilicate glass from Studio 34 here in Rochester (for those interested in a relaxed, no stress beading class).

I've been dying to go back and melt more glass, but just can't seem to get there. So, being of the sink-or-swim mentality, I saved up a bit of cash and bought a Hot-head torch, didymium safety glasses (I look like the biggest nerd in them), and some mandrels & bead release. Then I sat in the garage for three hours. With the door open, of course.

Some of the results weren't so great (my husband had to crack off a couple of the worst, stuck-on beads with a hammer), but I actually produced a set I love the first day!

I can't wait to see how the next batch comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment