Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, it's here: 2011. For someone born in the sixties, that's quite an event!

I began blogging in March of last year, about the same time I discovered seed beading and lampworking.
Since then, I've blogged about twice a month, mainly documenting my progress in these activities. (The weather in NY is just plain depressing much of the time. Like now, it's 9:15 in the morning and it's grey outside. Seriously.  Grey. Yes, that's the "English" spelling of gray, and I'm choosing to use it.)

Anyone still with me?

This year you'll find me looking for the silver lining. I'll be seeking out the new and bold, exiting and dramatic, the soft and lush--in both color and form. I'll still use Pantone's latest color palettes and be influenced by the designs in BEADWORK and Bead & Button magazines, but I'll be looking toward nature's glory for inspiration.

And, of course, bringing you all the interesting things I find along the way!

Here's one: Pantone's new 2011 color of the year is Honeysuckle! I wonder what I can use it for first....

Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment