Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I've found my thrill !

After a year, I've finally stumbled upon a niche in this business that I absolutely, completely *love*!

Creating bead kits!



Creating bead kits combine the best of all the things I've done before. It's pretty much a combination of the skills I learned over the years, from a variety of jobs and interests. These are (in the order I discovered them):
- computer programming
- carpentry
- writing
- weaving
- Teaching (MG)

Some of these connections are easy to spot. Teaching, for example. But Computer programming? Carpentry?

Well, yeah. Coding isn't much different from writing step-by-step beading instructions, and carpentry--at least the specialized remodeling old houses kind--is just another way to fit shapes together in a way that makes sense and supports more shapes. When you boil it way, way down that is.

How cool is that?

I have two kits done, more sketched out and have tried my designs in a couple of classes. Yesterday I ordered a case of the cutest little "clamshell" boxes and I haven't been happier in a long time.

Now can someone turn off the clouds over Rochester? Please? I'd sure appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment