Wednesday, May 19, 2010


Well, the honeymooon is over. My torch and I had a spat.

I was wrapping a bead with a short piece of stringer when I suddenly, stupidly forgot I was working with MOLTEN GLASS in a FIRE and REACHED IN to adjust the stringer. Whoops.
I burned my index finger pretty badly, but it could have been oh-so-much worse! I am grateful that all I have is a hot-head torch. My first thought after I got my finger under cold running water was, "And I had to get Chem-Pro for the extra 500 deg." LOL

Love and learn. (Yes, that was a typo, but it makes sense so I'm leaving it.)

I'm back at it, though. I was even out there melting glass with a big 'ol bandage on my finger. That probably wasn't so smart either, now that I think about it. But I'm still in love with each and every little bead I make.

:) Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment